Our house is currently a rather gigantic mess. We got halfway through decorating the tree last night before Malakai was more interested in playing with the computer (I consider this a success) so the decor boxes are still out until Ben and I can get to putting the ornaments on the tree. Time to ourselves is so scarce these days, I think it'll be a while before it's finished.
Also, due to having no time away from the children, our living room and bedroom are being taken over by laundry that needs to be put away. There are few things that frustrate me more than trying to find clothes in piles rather than the closet and drawers. The desk is piled with my work documents, notes, calendars, and to-do lists. There is a pile of craft supplies ready for me to find more of that free-time I hear so much about so I can get Christmas gifts made. The gifts that are ready await in a rubbermaid container to be wrapped.
Then there are the constant things that we just can't find a good place for...like the carseat and the baby bath tub. I keep wanting to put the baby tub in the bathroom but then it gets in the way every morning and every night at shower/bath time. I think we're getting a little too cramped in this space and I feel the need to purge things again...only to have the holidays and all the stuff that comes with it upon us. I kind of wish I could forego all the gift exchanging this year, but that seems rather out of the spirit doesn't it?
We did have a very lovely outing to get our tree last weekend and I really want to get pictures up to share, but haven't had enough time to go through them to get them posted here. There's always tomorrow.
This week I'm thankful for...
921. the festive smell of our fir tree.
922. finding a pin that matches Malakai's for Desmond's stocking
923. coming back to the knowledge that my God always provides, after living in fear over our finances.
924. a soft warm bed and a roof over my head.
925. my two sweet sons- always.
926. the generosity of others.
927. starting my work at home job up again.
928. the rare moments of quiet.
929. promo codes that enabled us to do a photo Christmas card again this year.
930. my laptop still working after spilling tea on it...yikes! (although some of the keys are sticking...)
What are you thankful for this week? Big and small, it all matters.