Malakai turned 11 months yesterday. We did our usual photo shoot. It was harder to get him to smile at the camera, not because he's less smiley but because he's much more interested in exploring his surroundings. Still, I was able to get this photo of my sweet baby
The last 2 weeks I've started to think more about his birthday. Not only in terms of party planning, but reflecting on what it means and how blessed we have been by his little life every single day.
Last week I touched on an issue we were having with an organization we volunteer at. The problem has mostly been solved by thorough and candid communication. However, I just wanted to make sure that even though I expressed frustration with beliefs that differ from my own that you all know I'm not narrow minded. I hope that last week's post didn't leave you with that impression. We wouldn't sever ties with anyone based on a disagreement in theology. If anything, the conflict helped us to learn more about ourselves, each other, and what God's plan is for our future.
This week I'm thankful for:
161. conflict resolution and the journey to that point.
162. Malakai's baby face. I'm cherishing everything "baby" about him as it's fading fast.
163. creating joyful anticipation in Ben as I hint at the Father's Day plans Malakai and I are preparing.
164. trusting in God's provision as things get financially tighter.
165. upcoming reviews + giveaways!
166. an empty kitchen sink, cleared counters, and a stocked fridge.
167. coconut mochas, mmmm.
168. an unexpected two days off from daycare duty.
169. mama friends who know just how I'm feeling when my little adventure boy gets his 4th bruise on his face this week.
170. finally getting to go to the movies with my man for the first time in two years!
What are you thankful for this week?